Hello and thank you for visiting this website to find out more about my work.
I have over 30 years’ experience of working in the third sector, working with both grassroots community organisations and the funders that support them. I am passionate about improving skills of staff, volunteers and trustees, helping organisations to reach their full potential.
Examples of how people use my skills, knowledge and experience:
- Measuring the effectiveness of a service, helping to decide the best way to monitor and evaluate a service or undertaking an independent evaluation.
- Fundraising from trusts and foundations. I have written funding applications and secured grants ranging from £10,000 to £350,000. Or I can offer mentoring and coaching in fundraising for senior staff or CEO s. This is often a more cost effective way of using a consultant.
- In managing people (staff, volunteers and trustees), coaching the lead person or working with the committee on organisational change, or managing staff directly for a specific period of time.
- Facilitation of away days or planning sessions.
- Project or organisational management; either helping to design a project or running an organisation for a fixed period to navigate through a period of change.
Examples; CEO for a women’s refuge, a youth counselling service, a special needs toy library and a Community Centre.
What customers say…….
‘Irish in Britain have worked with Diane for a number of years; she is a committed and collaborative partner and we have designed and delivered successful projects with her support and guidance.’ (December 2018) – Brian Dalton CEO
‘Di West has provided an excellent service for us over a number of year using her extensive knowledge and expertise to support and develop our Tenant and Resident Associations.’ (December 2018) – Lambeth Council
‘Thank you for all the help you have given us so far with the Organisational Strengths Review you are carrying out on behalf of Neutral Ground Child Contact Centre. I found the preliminary meeting we had together very helpful in focusing upon areas where we need/could make positive changes to our organisation, and feel confident that we made a good choice in choosing you to carry out our Review.’ (December 2018) – Ivor Kinsey Neutral Ground Trustee & Volunteer.
For a no obligation conversation to discuss your needs please either email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form here on the website.